Entrepreneurs and employers from the state of Chihuahua joined efforts to support their community after intense rains hit the state capital and some other communities in the central-southern area in September 1990, leaving entire families with human and property losses.
This effort continues to this day and consists of an extraordinary contribution made by many entrepreneurs from Chihuahua ever since in support of their community. This contribution is collected by the Ministry of Finance and Public Credit of the State Government, which transfers these resources to Fosech, and which in turn contributes them to human and social development projects implemented only in the State of Chihuahua.
Objectives of the Trust
In accordance with Decree 1131/2012 I P.O., the collection of voluntary contributions from Chihuahua's entrepreneurial community through the payment of a surcharge to the Payroll Tax must be deposited in Trust F/47611-9, which was created for the following purposes:
- To contribute to the social and human development of the citizens of Chihuahua through programs, actions, plans and projects that help strengthen their capacities and solve their shortcomings and problems.
- To contribute to the healthy development of individuals or population groups at risk due to their conditions of disadvantage, abandonment or lack of physical, mental, legal or social protection.
- To promote actions and programs aimed at addressing the needs caused by emergency situations, natural disasters or similar contingencies.
- To strengthen the capacity of individuals or population groups at risk due to their conditions of disadvantage, abandonment or lack of physical, mental, legal or social protection, to solve their needs, exercise their rights and integrate harmoniously into their family, work and social environments.
- To support programs, actions, plans and projects regarding promotion, prevention, protection and rehabilitation in the areas of health and welfare.
- To contribute to the formative and educational processes needed for life and work.
- To strengthen the capacities and performance of civil society organizations in a way that contributes to the achievement of their objectives and of those established by this Trust, with prior justification and evaluation of their impact on social wellbeing.
The Trust was created in 1994 and has been renewed four times since 2000; this dynamic has encouraged participation due to its temporary nature, since with each renewal of the decree, entrepreneurs all around the State renew their commitment to Chihuahua's society.